Sunday 12 May 2013

37 Year Wait - Update....


























In Mid-April I sent an email to the Alan Shatter, Minister for Justice in Ireland, requesting an earlier hearing date for the release of chapter 20 of the Murphy Report. I received an email by return, acknowledging receipt, but nothing else. 

My petition for the release of chapter 20 is now at a crucial point - I now require just over 100 signatures to reach my target of 1,000. Those who have taken the time to sign include many friends, family and fellow survivors. I can not thank you enough. Given the lack of response from the Minister for Justice - I may now need the petition more than ever. If you can think of anyone you know who may want to sign it, please click HERE and spread the word!

My Facebook page has over 100 'likes' and so many of my friends and family have helped spread the word about my Murphy Report petition. Thank you everyone. I also now have over 200 followers on Twitter, many of whom have been great support. The moment I tweet something, there is a steady stream of retweets! It is so nice to know that there are people out there willing to help in any way they can. 

Last week, I had a very productive meeting with my local Member of Parliament, Edward Timpson, who also happens to be the Children's Minister here in the UK. He was incredibly helpful and supportive, and pledged to do all he could to help. He does a lot of work with the NSPCC, both locally and nationally, so I hope I can do something in return.

Thank you again to each and every one of you that have supported me in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment on this blog entry, James