Sunday 31 March 2013

Email to Irish Minister for Justice

This is a copy of the email sent to Irish Justice Minister Alan Shatter.

"27/03/2013 09:05

Dear Mr Shatter

My Name is James Moran. I was a witness for the state at a recent clerical sexual abuse trial at the Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.

It involved an ex Priest named Patrick McCabe. I am just one of his victims. He is one of two priests that sexually abused me around 1977.

I have waited 37 years for my case to get to court and on the 22nd March he walked from court a free man.

The sentencing of McCabe paves the way for the release for the final chapter of the Murphy report.

My case was the final one to go before the courts, in which McCabe is mentioned so I see no legal impediment to its long awaited release.

Can you please inform me if a date has been fixed for the release of Chapter 20.


Respectfully Yours

James Moran"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment on this blog entry, James